Director of Revenue • Remote • Feb 2017 - Present • Website
- Responsible for the Sales, Success, and Support Teams.
- In other words, I'm responsible for making sure all charts are pointing up and to the right. 😉
Smart Host (acquired by Beyond Pricing)
Co-Founder / VP Sales • New York, NY • May 2014 - Feb 2017 • Website
- Acquired by Beyond Pricing in July 2017.
- Started company with two other co-founders on StartupBus 2014.
- Responsible for sales & operations.
- Received investment from Techstars and participated in their Austin 2014 summer class.
- Raised $600K in seed investment from various angel investors & VC funds.
- Here is a short interview on the Dissecting Success podcast talking about the Smart Host story.
Krossover (acquired by Blue Star Sports)
VP of Operations • New York, NY • April 2013 - May 2014 • Website
- Acquired by Blue Star Sports in May 2017.
- Responsible for all sales & marketing operations.
- Grew the outbound sales & marketing team by 4X in 9 months.
- Promoted from Director of Sales Operations to VP of Operations within 6 months.
- Responsible for CRM management, sales & marketing reporting to the Board of Directors, and special projects.
- Led onboarding & training for new sales team members.
Reference from CEO & co-founder Vasu Kulkarni:
"Nick is a straight up hustler. Self-taught programmer and expert sales guy, he came in and really shook things up over the course of a year at Krossover. He implemented numerous processes, both online and offline, that took us from a 3 person sales team to a 15 person sales machine. Nick lives and breathes the startup culture, and will do great with any idea he pursues."
Sales • Palo Alto, CA • February 2012 - April 2013 • Website
- Led direct inside sales campaigns for over a dozen venture-backed startups.
- Clients included Eventbrite, PageLever, Drchrono, SignNow, and more.
- Helped launch the company's CRM product, Close.io, and bring it to market.
Reference from CEO & co-founder Steli Efti:
"Nick is the ultimate startup hustler. He LOVES technology, understands it enough to write scripts, create landing pages and do everything else technical that the engineers don't wanna deal with and gets deals done. He's the perfect technology sales guy."
Not So Recent Experience
CTO • Annapolis, MD • August 2011 - February 2012
- For 30 years, Landmarks has been helping local businesses reach visitors to Mid-Atlantic vacation spots like Annapolis, Charlottesville, Hampton Roads, and Maryland's Eastern Shore through it's annual hotel room visitors guide and TV channel.
- Built Landmarks a new website presence, including their daily deal website called LandmarksGreatDeals.
Customer Resource Manager • Columbia, SC • February 2010 - March 2011
- Responsible for territory sales in the Columbia market, specializing in Italian and Greek products.
- Maintained a weekly sales average of $25-$40K.
You can find a lot of content on my Quora profile.
- Open Source - Email Reports for Close.io - A script that emails a daily sales activity report to an organization in Close.io.
- Quora - A most viewed writer for Cold Calling and Sales Commissions on Quora - In the top 20 for the most viewed answers about Cold Calling and Sales Commissions on Quora.
- Blog Post - How to onboard a sales team in 4 weeks - A blog post I wrote for the Close.io blog, sharing my experience & tips on onboarding an outbound sales team in just 4 weeks.
- Blog Post - Training a New Sales Team? 5 Ways to Set Them Up for Success - A blog post written for the CloserIQ blog. Tips and tricks for onboarding new salespeople.
- Talk at Techstars Foundercon 2015 - How to build a badass outbound sales team - The deck for a talk I gave at Foundercon 2015 in Boulder, CO.
- Blog Post - Sales pipeline management tips for SDRs & AEs using Close.io - A blog post written for the Close.io blog. Tips to help sales development reps and account executives manage their sales pipeline.
Technologies I Use
Web Services: DigitalOcean, AWS, Heroku
Sales & Marketing Products, including their APIs: Salesforce, Close.io, Stripe, MailChimp, Customer.io, Unbounce, and Zapier.
Some APIs I've used in projects: Trello, Twilio, Slack, HipChat, Leftronic, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Sendgrid/Mailgun.